Bizeeo Marketing Agency provides Blogging Services in Montgomery, Alabama.
Once your website has been up and running for a while, you will realize that many or most of your content updates are time sensitive.
This means the content is important and relevant at the present, but becomes less so with the passage of time.
The BIG Question
Do you know what a blog (aka “web log”) is and do you need one?
Frequently updating your website with little or no automation of how the content is managed can be timely and expensive, and lead to a sloppy looking website. Updating your website can become a continual task of redesigning the layout and/or manually deleting and replacing content.
It can also be very difficult for your website visitors to find older (archived) information on your website.
Content Management System (CMS)
Many people think blogging is only for businesses and individuals that are expressing opinions and sharing newsworthy information on a frequent basis.
If that is the case, then you certainly need a full-featured blog.
WordPress is an example of a powerful CMS.
Bizeeo™ uses WordPress exclusively for our website designs.
A full-featured blog automates much of the updating process:
- Keeps your updates (or posts) in chronological order
- Presents them in an attractive and professional manner
- Archives with little effort
You get to focus on developing your content while allowing the website software to handle the details.
This type of software is also referred to as a Content Management System (CMS).
Discuss the types and frequency of your future website updates with a Internet Marketing Service Provider so that an informed decision can be made as to whether or not you need blogging capabilities.
Frequent publishing Blog posts can be a very effective Content Marketing Strategy.
Whether you think you need a blog or not, go ahead and implement a full-featured blog as part of your website design.
- More often than not, you will find that company news and events are handled quite well with a blog. If you don’t need the feature presently, it can be turned off or hidden from view.
- A website designer/web marketer can easily implement a blog into your website at a reasonable cost if informed before development begins, and it will blend nicely with your overall design.
- If you decide to add a blog to your website after it has been developed, you run the risk of a costly re-design, or a blog that looks like an afterthought and doesn’t look consistent with your overall brand.
- Lastly (and most importantly), the search engines love a good blog!
Contact Bizeeo Web Marketing & Design for a free consultation.
2 thoughts on “To Blog Or Not To Blog”
Other webmasters think that creating a blog page on a site is a waste of time. It is not a waste of time because you can post your tips and suggestions on your site to help your visitors, plus Google always want freshness on your webpage. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the comment. Yes, I agree. A website without a blog is like having great-looking stationery but no pen to write with.
Comments are closed.