Update #1: We originally published this article in 2012. We thought you would enjoy some of the predictions made about Mobile Search at that time (and how accurate they were).
Update #2: Google made an official announcement May of this year (2015) that “more Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the US…”.
Is My Website Mobile Friendly?
Pinching and zooming, panning and scrolling, squinting and focusing…
And the DREADED horizontal scroll!
Bizeeo Marketing Agency will convert your website so that it’s Mobile Ready (or Mobile-Friendly) for your potential customer’s on-the-go lifestyle.
If you’ve tried to view most of today’s websites on a smartphone then you are familiar with the above-mentioned gestures and accompanying eye strain and fatigue.
Many of today’s websites were not designed with mobile browsing in mind. If that’s your business website, you are losing customers!
Mobile Optimized Landing Pages
A “mobile ready” website is one that looks good and performs well on all devices, including smartphones and tablets.
Such a website can also be referred to as “mobile-friendly” or “mobile-optimized”.
Any competent Internet Marketing Service should know this, but many Web Designers are completely clueless.
A survey commissioned by Google indicated that the “mobile movement” is under way right now!
Here are some of the startling statistics:
- 81% browse the Internet, 77% search, 68% use an app, and 48% watch videos on their smartphone
- 72% use their smartphones while consuming other media, with a third while watching TV
- 93% of smartphone owners use their smartphones while at home
- Search engine websites are the most visited websites with 77% of smartphone users citing this, followed by social networking, retail and video sharing websites
- Nine out of ten smartphone searches results in an action (purchasing, visiting a business, etc.)
- 24% recommended a brand or product to others as a result of a smartphone search
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information
- 88% of these users take action within a day, indicating these are immediate information needs
- 77% have contacted a business, with 61% calling and 59% visiting the local business
Mobile Search is Taking Over
Furthermore, Microsoft’s Tag Mobile Marketing Report from 2011 claims that
“By 2014, mobile Internet should overtake desktop Internet usage”. (Google confirmed this May of 2015 – see above).
Bizeeo Marketing Agency creates websites that look great and work seamlessly across all platforms. (and we’ve been doing so since 2011 WITHOUT being asked) 😉
Contact Bizeeo for a free consultation and quote.